At times it is necessary for families in crisis to obtain the professional services of “Transition Mediators” or Escort Companies. We believe that if this step is necessary the process in which it is handled is vital to the emotional stability and well being of your child.
There are many reputable organizations located across the country. Aspiro Wilderness Adventure Therapy has developed relationships with several skilled and highly trained organizations and are happy to provide contact information based on the specific needs of each family. Please contact our Admissions Department 801-349-2740 for additional information. If your family is utilizing the guidance of a highly skilled Educational Consultant or Clinical Professional we strongly recommend that you speak with your professional prior to requesting contact information from our Admissions Department.
While investigating agencies these are questions we recommend you ask:
- What types of personalities do you look for in an employee?
- Does your organization require all mediators to be W-4 employees?
- What type of professional liability insurance do you have? What does it cover? Can I obtain a copy?
- What types of training certifications requirements do you have? And how often to you require your employees to re-certify?
- What types of background checks are completed on your employees?
- Do you have written policies in place that mandate “no physical restraints will be used at anytime throughout the transport?”
- How should we start the intervention process with our child?
- How will your agents respond if my child becomes verbally abusive, threatening or violent?
- What should I do about my other children in the house?
- What if my child does not want to go?
- What if my child tries to run away?
- Will your organization allow my child to smoke cigarettes? Or use the phone?
- What policies are in place that requires all my child’s questions to be answered in an open honest manner